- Integrated circuits and systems for wireless communications and radar sensors
- Highly efficient power amplifiers
- Integrated filters for spectral purity
- High-efficient on-chip power management circuits
- Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) and phased-array antenna systems
Recent Research Topics:
- Power amplifiers for 5G mm-Wave applications
- Energy efficient W-band phased arrays
- RF-to-microwave tunable LC filters
- Mixed-mode FIR filters for wideband wireless systems
- High-speed supply modulators
- RF integrated circuits and systems: LNA, mixer, VCO, power amplifier and PLL designs
- Analog integrated circuits and systems
- Mixed-mode integrated circuits and systems
- Low-noise electronics
- Non-linear circuits and systems
- PhD, Electrical Engineering University of California, San Diego
- MS, Electrical Engineering KAIST, Daejeon, South Korea
- BS, Electronic Engineering Chung-Ang University, Seoul, South Korea
- Senior staff scientist, Broadcom Corp., 2010-2011
- Senior engineer, Intel Corp., 2008-2010
- Best student paper award (second place), IEEE International Microwave Symposium, 2015
- Nominated for R.W King Award, IEEE Antenna and Propagation Society, 2015
- Outstanding assistant professor award, Virginia Tech, 2014
- Team of the year award (DARPA SMART program), Teledyne Scientific Company (formerly Rockwell Scientific Corp.), 2010
- Best paper award, IEEE Solid-State Circuit Society / Electron Device Society, Seoul Chapter, 2002
- List of entire publications
- Dongseok Shin, Sanjay Raman, and Kwang-Jin Koh, “A Mixed-Mode Injection Frequency-Locked Loop for Self-Calibration of Injection Locking Range and Phase Noise in 0.13-um CMOS,” IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC), accepted, February 2016.
- Seyed Yahya Mortazavi and Kwang-Jin Koh, “A 28-GHz Inverse Class-F Power Amplifier with Coupled-Inductor based Harmonic Impedance Modulator,” IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), San Jose, USA, September 2015.
- Laya Mohammadi and Kwang-Jin Koh, “2-4 GHz Q-Tunable LC Bandpass Filter with 172-dB.Hz Peak Dynamic Range, Resilient to +15-dBm Out-of-Band Blocker,” IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), San Jose, USA, September 2015.
- Dongseok Shin, Sanjay Raman, and Kwang-Jin Koh, “A 0.6-V, 30-GHz Six-Phase VCO with Superharmonic Coupling in 32-nm SOI CMOS Technology,” IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), San Jose, USA, September 2015.
- Laya Mohammadi and Kwang-Jin Koh, “Integrated C-Band (4-8 GHz) Frequency-Tunable & Bandwidth-Tunable Active Band-Stop Filter in 0.13-μm SiGe BiCMOS,” IEEE Int. Microwave Symposium (IMS, Best Paper Award - Second Place), May 2015.
- Sadia Afroz and Kwang-Jin Koh, “94 GHz Bidirectional Variable Gain Amplifier in 0.13-μm SiGe BiCMOS for Phased Array Transmit and Receive (T/R) Applications,” IEEE Int. Microwave Symposium (IMS), May 2015.
- Seyed Yahya Mortazavi and Kwang-Jin Koh, “A 38 GHz inverse class-F power amplifier with 38.5% peak PAE, 16.5 dB Gain, and 50 mW Psat in 0.13-μm SiGe BiCMOS,” IEEE RFIC Symposium, May 2015.
- Seyed Yahya Mortazavi and Kwang-Jin Koh, “A Class F-1/F 24-to-31GHz power amplifier with 40.7% peak PAE, 15dBm OP-1dB, and 50 mW Psat in 0.13-μm SiGe BiCMOS,” IEEE Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) Digest, 2014.
- Kwang-Jin Koh and Hedieh Elyasi, “Time-Interleaved Phased Arrays With Parallel Signal Processing in RF Modulations,” IEEE Trans. on Antenna and Propagation (shorted-listed paper for IEEE AP Society R. W. King Award), vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 677-689, February 2014.