- Integrated wireless circuits and systems (LNA, mixer, VCO, PLL and power amplifier)
- Integrated radar circuits and systems in silicon technologies
- Terahertz silicon electronic circuit and system designs
- Low-power radio architectures and circuits
- High-efficient on-chip power management circuits
- Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) and phased-array antenna systems
Recent Research Topics:
- Low-power RF front-end architecture for wireless communications
- 94 GHz radar systems in SiGe technology
- Integrated on-chip RF energy harvesting circuits and systems
- High efficient millimeter-wave power amplifier at >94 GHz
- Millimeter-wave and terahertz phased-arrays in silicon technologies
- RF integrated circuits and systems: LNA, mixer, VCO, power amplifier and PLL designs
- Analog integrated circuits and systems
- Mixed-mode integrated circuits and systems
- Low-noise electronics
- Non-linear circuits and systems
- PhD, Electrical Engineering University of California, San Diego
- MS, Electrical Engineering KAIST, Daejeon, South Korea
- BS, Electronic Engineering Chung-Ang University, Seoul, South Korea
- Senior Staff Scientist, Broadcom Corp., 2010-2011
- Senior Engineer, Intel Corp., 2008-2010
- "Team of The Year Award" for the DARPA SMART program, Teledyne Scientific Corp. (formerly Rockwell Scientific Corp.), 2010
- "WAR Report" to Pentagon as a major achievement in DARPA program, 2007
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Solid-State Circuit Society / Electron Device Society, Seoul Chapter, 2002
- Korea Government Scholarship, KAIST, 1999-2001
- First Place, Chung-Ang University, 1999
- List of entire publications
- Dong-Woo Kang, Kwang-Jin Koh, Gabriel M. Rebeiz, “A Ku-Band Tow-Antenna Four-Simultaneous Beams SiGe BiCMOS Phased Array Receiver,” IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Technique (T-MTT), vol. 58, No. 4, pp. 771-780, April 2010.
- Kwang-Jin Koh, Jason W. May, Gabriel M. Rebeiz, “A Millimeter-Wave (40-45 GHz) 16-Element Phased-Array Transmitter in 0.18-um SiGe BiCMOS technology,” IEEE J. Solid State Circuits (JSSC), vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 1498-1509, May 2009.
- Kwang-Jin Koh, Gabriel M. Rebeiz, “An X- and Ku-Band 8-Element Phased Array Receiver in 0.18-um SiGe BiCMOS Technology,” IEEE J. Solid State Circuits (JSSC), vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 1306-1371, June 2008.
- Kwang-Jin Koh, Gabriel M. Rebeiz, “A Q-Band Four-Element Phased-Array Receiver with Integrated Wilkinson Power Combiners in 0.18-um SiGe BiCMOS Technology,” IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Technique (T-MTT), vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 2046-2053, September 2008.
- Kwang-Jin Koh, Gabriel M. Rebeiz, “0.13-um CMOS Phase Shifters for X-, Ku- and K-band Phased Arrays,” IEEE J. Solid State Circuits (JSSC), vol. 42, no. 11, pp. 2535-2546, November 2007.
- Kwang-Jin Koh, M-Y Park, C-S Kim, H-K Yu, “Subharmonically pumped CMOS Frequency Conversion (Up & Down) Circuits for 2GHz WCDMA Direct Conversion Transceiver”, IEEE J. Solid State Circuits (JSSC), vol. 39, No. 6, pp. 871-884, June 2004.