Yang (Cindy) Yi
- Very Large Scale Integrated (VLSI) Circuits and Systems, High Performance Computing, Computer Aided Design (CAD), Artificial Intelligence, and Emerging Nano-device
- Neuromorphic Electronic Circuits Design and Automation for Brain-Inspired Computing System
- Three-dimensional Integrated Circuits Design and Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Cognitive Computing in Wireless Communications and Cybersecurity
- Integrated Circuit/Transceiver Design in Wireless/Cellular Networks, Ehealth Systems, and Internet of Things
- Hardware Reliability and Variability Analysis in High Performance Computing Systems
- Interconnect Modeling and Simulation, Signal Integrity and Power Integrity
- Digital Design
- VLSI Design
- Advanced Topics in Electronics and Circuits
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2009
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2005
- B.S., Electronic Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2003
- IEEE Senior Member
- Miller Professional Development Award for Distinguished Research, 2016
- Best Paper Award, IEEE GLOBECOM, 2016
- United States Air Force (USAF) Faculty Fellowship, 2015, 2016
- National Science Foundation (NSF) EPSCoR First Award, 2015
- Miller Scholar Award, 2015
- C. Zhao, Y. Yi, J. Li, and L. Liu, “Inter-Spike Intervals (ISI) based Analog Spike-Time- Dependent Encoder for Neuromorphic Processors,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems (TVLSI), 2017.
- A. Ehsan, H. An, Z. Zhou, and Y. Yi, “Adaptation of Enhanced TSV Capacitance as Membrane Property in 3D Brain-inspired Computing System,” in Proc. of IEEE/ACM Design Automation Conference (DAC), 2017.
- J. Li, R. Atat, L. Liu, and Y. Yi “Enabling Sustainable Cyber Physical Security Systems through Neuromorphic Computing,” IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Computing (T-SUSC), 2017.
- R. Atat, L. Liu, and Y. Yi, “Energy Harvesting-Based D2D-Assisted Machine-Type Communications,” IEEE Transactions on Communications (TCOM), vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 1289 – 1302, 2017.
- A. Ehsan, Z. Zhou, and Y, Yi, “Neuromorphic 3D Integrated Circuit: A Hybrid, Reliable and Energy Efficient Approach for Next Generation Computing,” in Proc. of ACM Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI (GLSVLSI), 2017. (Best Paper Award Finalist).
- H. An, M. Ehsan, Z. Zhou, and Y. Yi, "Electrical Modeling and Analysis of 3D Synaptic Array using Vertical RRAM Structure,” in Pro. of IEEE International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED), 2017. (Best Paper Award Finalist).
- J. Li, C. Zhao, and Y. Yi, “Energy Efficient and Compact AnalogIntegrated Circuit Design for Delay-dynamical Reservoir Computing System,” Special Session in “Hardware in Reservoir Computing”, IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 2017.
- C. Zhao, J. Li, and Y. Yi, “Making neural encoding robust and energy-efficient: an advanced analog temporal encoder for brain-inspired computing systems,” in Proc. of IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer Aided Design (ICCAD), 2016.
- J. Tan, M. Chen, Y. Yi, and X. Fu, “Mitigating the impact of hardware variability for GPGPUs register file,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (PDS), vol. pp, no. 99, 2016.
- R. Atat, L. Liu, J. Ashdown, M. Medley, J. Matyjas, and Y. Yi, “Improving Spectral Efficiency of D2D Cellular Networks Through RF Energy Harvesting,” in Proceedings of IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2016. (Best Paper Award).
- C. Zhao, B. Wysocki, C. Thiem, N. McDonald, J. Li, and Y. Yi, “Energy Efficient Spiking Temporal Encoder Design for Neuromorphic Computing Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Multi-Scale Computing Systems (TMSCS), vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 265 - 276, 2016.
- M. Amimul Ehsan*, Z. Zhou, L. Liu, and Y. Yi, “An Analytical Through Silicon Via (TSV) Surface Roughness Model Applied to a Millimeter Wave 3-D IC,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Capability (TEMC), vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 815-826, 2016.