Department Head and Professor
Photoelectronics, Semiconductor Lasers, Photovoltaics and Transistors
Recent Research Topics:
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, 1992
- B.S., Engineering Physics, Cornell University, 1984
- IEEE Fellow and SPIE Fellow
Publications in 2019:
- Google Scholar Profile
- List of recent publications
- M. Birkholz, J. javaloyes, O. Nikiforov, C. Weber, L. F. Lester, and S Breuer, “Repetition rate transitions and timing stability improvement in monolithic multi-section semiconductor lasers,” Materials Today: Proceedings, vol. 7, part 3, pp. 904-907, Jan. 2019.
- D. J. Herrera, and L. F. Lester, “Electrical and material characterization of sulfur-implanted GaSb,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B, vol. 37, issue 3, May 2019.
- L. F. Lester, and V. Kovanis, “Quantum Dot Tunable Photonic Oscillators,” in 2019 IEEE Photonics Society Summer Topical Meeting Series (SUM), July 2019.
- S. Stutz, D. Auth, C. Weber, L. Drzewietzki, O. Nikiforov, R. Rosales, T. Walther, L. F. Lester, and S Breuer, “Dynamic Intermode Beat Frequency Control of an Optical Frequency Comb Single Section Quantum Dot Laser by Dual-Cavity Optical Self-Injection,” IEEE Photonics Journal, vol. 11, issue 5, Oct. 2019.
- (540) 231-7494
302 Whittemore Hall
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Virginia Tech
Assistant: Ms. Melanie Gilmore
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (540) 231-7494