Degree Objective: Ph.D.
Resume: Seeking internship or cooperative education
- Analog IC Design for Brain inspired Computing
- Ph.D. (cont’d), The Bradley Department of Electrical And Computer Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (VT), (2017 – present)
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Kansas (KU), (2014 - 2017)
- M.S., Information Science and Technology, JiNan University (JNU), China, (2012)
- B.S., Automation, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications (NJUPT), China, (2007)
- Analog Circuits Design Engineer (internship) in ShenZhen BoChiXin Electronics CO. Ltd. (2010-2011)
- Google Scholar Profile
- C. Zhao, Y. Yi, “When Energy Efficient Spike-Based Temporal Encoding Meets Resistive Crossbar: From Circuit Design to Application,” Neuromorphic Computing Symposium: Architectures, Models, and Applications (2017).
- C. Zhao, J. Li, Y. Yi, “Energy efficient analog IC design for data compression in spiking neuromorphic systems,” IEEE/ACM Design Automation Conference (DAC) Work-in- Progress Session (2017).
- C. Zhao, J. Li, and Y.Yi, “Inter-Spike Intervals (ISI) based Analog Spike-Time- Dependent Encoder for Neuromorphic Processors,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (TVLSI) Systems (2017).
- C. Zhao, J. Li, Y. Yi, “Analog Spiking Temporal Encoder with Inter-spike Intervals with Verification and Recovery Scheme for Neuromorphic Computing Systems,” IEEE International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design, (2017).
- C. Zhao, B. Wysocki, C. Thiem, N. McDonald, J. Li, L. Liu, Y. Yi, "Energy Efficient Spiking Temporal Encoder Design for Neuromorphic Computing Systems," IEEE Transactions on Multi-Scale Computing Systems, vol. pp, no. 99 (2016).
- C. Zhao, J. Li, and Y. Yi, “Novel Spike Based Reservoir Node Design with High Performance Spike Delay Loop,” in the Proceedings of ACM International Conference on Nanoscale Computing and Communication (2016).
- C. Zhao, J. Li, and Y. Yi, “Making neural encoding robust and energy-efficient: an advanced analog temporal encoder for brain-inspired computing systems,” in the Proceedings of IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (2016).
- C. Zhao, and Y. Yi, “Novel Spiking Temporal Encoder for Brain-inspired Computing Systems” IEEE/ACM Design Automation Conference (DAC) Work-in- Progress Session (2016).
- C. Zhao, W. Danesh, B. T. Wysocki, and Y. Yi, “Neuromorphic encoding system design with chaos based CMOS analog neuron,” Computational Intelligence for Security and Defense Applications (CISDA), 2015 IEEE Symposium, pp. 1-6 (2015).
- C. Zhao, B. T. Wysocki, Y. Liu, C. D. Thiem, N. R. McDonald, and Y. Yi, “Spike-Time-Dependent Encoding for Neuromorphic Processors,” ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems (JETC), vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 23-40 (2015).
- C. Zhao, J. Liu, F. Shen, and Y. Yi, “Low power CMOS power amplifier design for RFID and the Internet of Things,” Journal on Computers & Electrical Engineering, Elsevier (2015).
- W. Danesh, C. Zhao, B. T. Wysocki, M. J. Medley, N. Thawdar, and Y. Yi, “Channel Estimation in Wireless OFDM Systems Using Reservoir Computing,” in Proceedings of IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence for Security and Defense Applications (CISDA), pp. 127-131 (2015).
- C. Zhao, Z. Zhou, Y. C. Lee, Y. Yi, “Comprehensive Ultra-Broadband Design and Mode Suppression Techniques for Bends in a Differential Pair,” in Proceedings of Progress in Electromagnetic Research Symposium (PIERS), pp. 1998 (2014).
- W. Huang, C. Zhao, W. Deng, J. Huang, “A New Low-Voltage CMOS Voltage Reference Design,” International Conference on Electric Information and Control Engineering (ICEICE), vol. 04, pp. 74-76 (2012).
- C. Zhao, J. Huang, "A new high performance bandgap reference," International Conference on Electronics Communications and Control (ICECC), pp. 64-66 (2011).
Relevant Courses Taken:
- Adaptive Signal Processing
- Introduction to Digital Signal Processing
- Introduction to VLSI
- Microwave Engineering
- Microelectronic Design for Circuits and Systems
- Material and Device Electronics for Integrated Circuit
- IC Design and Test Technology
- Semiconductor Physics
- Analog IC Design
- Emerging Communications Theory and Technology
- Lego Model
302 Whittemore (0111)